Developing the Local Arrowroot Industry
Minister of Agriculture says the Government is working to continue developing the local Arrowroot Industry.
Minister of Agriculture Saboto Caesar says the Government is working to continue developing the local Arrowroot Industry.
He gave this assurance to Farmers of the nation while contributing to the debate on the 2013 Budget in Parliament last week.
Minister Caesar said the country continues to provide a high quality of Arrowroot Starch and the Government is looking at the further mechanization of the industry.
He said while the industry continues to face a number of challenges, there are many benefits to be derived from it.
Minister Caesar said livestock production is also on the increase in the country.
He also gave the commitment that Government will continue to work closely with the livestock farmers to further develop this industry.
To be innovative when we facilitate and stimulate the efficient utilisation of resources within the sector, and to adopt a holistic approach to agriculture and rural development.
- To promote Government's Policy on Agriculture, and Fisheries.
- To promote the work of other organisation's support to the implementation of the Ministry's work programme and projects - CARDI, IICA and the Chinese Technical Mission.
- To assist with the transfer of specific technologies to major clients.
- To provide communication support to Units, Divisions and Departments of the Ministries - news releases and announcements.
- To allow for online processing of forms, etc;
- To inform the general public about the work of the Ministry.
- To provide decision-making information to farmers, fisher folk, members of staff and the general public.
- Private Investors
- Business Places - Supermarkets, Hotels etc.
- Policy Makers
- Members of the Diaspora
To create the enabling environment for the entrepreneurial drive of farmers, fisher-folk and other related target groups to strive to increase agri-food production, processing, marketing; thus increasing employment, rural income, food security and foreign exchange earnings, while ensuring the efficient utilisation and sustainability of the Nation's natural resources.
Our office is located opposite the UWI Centre and next to the Richmond Hill Multipurpose Centre (Home Economic Centre).
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
St.Vincent and the Grenadines
Tel: (784) 456-1410
Tel: (784) 456-1111 Ext 503/577
Fax: (784) 457-1688
Monday - Friday
8.00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.