This year marks the 41st Annual Fisherman’s Day celebrations in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and will be celebrated from 15th April - 16th May (Whit Monday), one month of celebrations. The venue for Fisherman’s Day this year will be at the Calliaqua Fisheries Complex, but the month of celebrations will be launched in Barrouallie on 15th April.
The 2016 Fisherman’s Day celebrations will be hosted under the theme “Illegal Fishing and Climate Change are Threats to Livelihood and Food Security, but against all Odds we will Prevail” and slogan “Respect the Law, Report the Catch, Protect Your Livelihood”. These were selected in keeping with the World Food Day’s theme, “Climate Change and Agriculture”.
The Fisherman’s Day Executive Committee 2016 consists of the following persons:
- Chairman - Winfield Tannis Abbott
- Vice-Chairman - Winsbert Harry
- Secretary - Tameek Telemaque
- Treasurer - Nyasha Antrobus
- Public Relations Officer - Reuben Bradshaw
- T-shirt Committee Chairperson - Lorenzo George
- Fish-Night Committee Chairperson - Ferique Shortte
- Education Committee Chairperson - Nyasha Antrobus
- Fishing Competition Committee Chairperson -Travon Ferary
- Fund Raising Committee Chairperson - Carlina LaBorde