This programme is the main vehicle by which the policy and objectives of the Ministry are communicated and through which technical guidance in the latest production methods and choice of crops is disseminated to the farmers with the following objectives:
- More economical use of available land through appropriate choice of agricultural commodities.
- Greater productivity through the employment of correct methodology.
- Application of suitable technology for conservation and rehabilitation of soil.
- Conduct training courses to enhance farmers’ knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Collaborate with NGOs to strengthen farmer’s groups/co-operatives.
- Conduct the process of farmers' registration for issuing of ID cards.
- Provide technical support to foster increased production and productivity.